View Single Post
Old 2013-06-20, 07:33 PM

OSX 10.8.3 Firewall!

I have an iMac and I'm using Vuze. I recently upgraded to OSX 10.8.3 and all seemed fine for a few days. Now, I am able to download but almost never upload. Whenever I come here, it says that I am firewalled. I've used my network utility and it shows my port, 6881, is open. I ping and everything seems fine. However, canyouseeme times out and says that it cannot see me. In the past, I had to set a static IP address which seems impossible after the update. I have my firewall turned off and still nothing. Not knowing what else to try, I notice my router has an address, 10.0.1.1, so I scanned that for open ports in the appropriate range and it says there are no open ports. My only "router" is a cheap Belkin 1 to 8 connector that I've had for a long time and never had a problem with. Not sure if the router address scan is legitimate. It is odd that, occasionally, I am not firewalled and everything works fine (about once in every ten boot ups). Can anyone help? The new software doesn't seem to allow much tinkering and I like to share!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes