View Single Post
Old 2005-01-31, 04:20 PM
Renegade Geek

Re: MD5 Check Fails After Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekOnce
Sorry, should've been more specific with describing the problem.

I'm trying to burn a video DVD that I downloaded from Easytree. I have a Plextor PX-708A and use Nero 6.3.1.20. The torrent came with a md5 file, and it verifys fine on my HD. With Nero, I'm choosing "DVD-Video" under New Compilation and typically burn at 4x. After Nero's done, I recheck the md5 file on the disc. Here are the files that failed verification:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
Well, that nails it . Nero is performing re-author operations to the files before burning. Those files are used to store the header information, chapter breaks, menus, etc. The video files themselves have not been altered.

Nero sometimes changes things in the header files to fit to certain standards that the DVD authoring process may not have addressed. I would be willing to bet that if you burned it as a data disc with a VIDEO_TS folder on it rather as a DVD-Video that it would verify the md5s perfectly. It also, however, may have a bit less compatibility on standalone players, as some are more picky about playing out-of-standard discs than others.

Give it a try, see if it plays on your standalone, and report back.
What's never been,
At the ending of life and the coming of death,
Pass not through its gates but into the dark.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes