View Single Post
Old 2006-09-23, 02:44 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyo
it dosnt work for me :-/ , i reinstalled it.. still get the same error , on every .shn file i try to open ... :-/
Sometimes there is more than one instance of the files involved located in the Windows OS folders. Open Windows Explorer, right-click on your Windows folder and choose Search ... to open the Search dialog window. Enter the following line (including spaces) to the search field:

cygwin1.dll shorten.exe shntool.exe

The files should only be located in WINDOWS. If you've found them in system32 too you need remove them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borlag
... However, for some odd reason it sometimes seems to stop accepting FLAC files and will always say that they're possibly corrupt, rebooting the computer seems to fix this. The same thing used to happen occasionally with the previous version as well.

Not sure if it's related or not, but I also use a software called Hub Audio Tools which forces itself as the default program for SHNs, APEs, FLACs, md5's and other checksum files.
This is really odd ... I don't know Hub Audio Tools (where can I d/l them ... just Googled but no results). To be sure you need to uninstall both Hub Audio Tools and Trader's Little Helper, reboot, re-install only Trader's Little Helper, reboot, and test it some time. So it's up to you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanosh
Thanks for the advice but I'm not sure if that's what I'm going to do.
I still prefer to use a new version of ape for encoding then to use an old one just for viewing the audio file details. ...
According to Monkey's Audio website respectively the forum there are problems with v4.01b2. Seems format / encoding / decoding wasn't changed at all. So there will be no disadvantages using v3.99. If you have a look at the version info of v4.01b2 it still says v3.99 ...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes