Thread: Convert to FLAC
View Single Post
Old 2007-07-18, 12:44 PM

Re: Convert to FLAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRC
As a previous poster said, you need to 'select' the area of the track, or the whole track, that you want to apply the effect to, before Audacity will apply the effect.

In my experience, even the most recent stable version of Audacity (1.2.6) will NOT export a project as FLAC files; I detailed my experiences in a separate thread, and someone recommended there that I export my project as .WAV files, and then convert the WAVs to FLACs with another software application. Considering that 'Export as FLAC' is an option on the first menu in Audacity, I thought this was .. unusual, to say the least.....

To break a large file into individual tracks, you need to create a 'label' track in addition to your audio track, then define labels in the label track at the split points. Then when you want to export the audio to WAV files, you select the 'Export Multiple' option, and it should output a set of files split as per your labels. I found the label track frustratingly difficult to master, but I'm getting there....

There's lots of instructional material at various sites that answers the above questions and much more; I found most of my answers by googling the appropriate keywords, and useful resources were usually to be found in the first page of google results.

Regards, Graham
oops... okay, maybe it is better to export as wav then convert to flac using TLH!! I'm using the new beta and it seems to be okay.

can audacity cut a show correctly on the sector boundaries and save as multiple tracks? that would probably be a little more efficient than the "cut-new-paste-save", "cut-new-paste-save", etc method detailed above

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes