Thread: Web Casts . . .
View Single Post
Old 2015-05-09, 10:34 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Web Casts . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDemon View Post
PS, that rule cites "slippery slope" as a rationale, but slippery slope is a logical fallacy:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

It wouldn't be a slippery slope as long as well thought out and clearly defined rules/standards were implemented. It would be a wise move to explore this, IMO, but either way I am eternally grateful to you and all the other TTD admins who make this site possible. I just want to see the site keep up with modern times, and in 2015 (some) webcasts are the cat's meow when it comes to high quality video. It's just a matter of separating the wheat from the chaff and determining minimal quality standards for bitrates, rules about no re-encodes, proper methods of pulling dumps that don't transcode/screen capture, etc.
We are thinking about this, but I am just wondering what kind of "clearly defined rules" you would write to help define what is allowed?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes