View Single Post
Old 2006-09-22, 03:44 PM

Re: Re/Fix: Error when "Audio file details" is processed on ape files

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann
In a nutshell, there is no (new) bug in Trader's Little Helper when it comes to deal with ape files. If you are familiar with shntool you can proof this by using shntool at the command line (same error message(s)).

The reason for all that mess is the file mac.exe of Monkey's Audio. In the previous releases of Trader's Little Helper mac.exe v3.99 was included, in the new one it is mac.exe v4.01b2. Seems that shntool can not properly communicate with the latter, or maybe there was something changed in the new version ... I'm sorry to say I don't know. It would be great if someone here knows something more specific about it.

So, what to do? You have to re-install mac.exe v3.99. Download the file from here, and copy it to your Windows directory to replace the one Trader's Little Helper had installed.

Robert

Thanks for the advice but I'm not sure if that's what I'm going to do.
I still prefer to use a new version of ape for encoding then to use an old one just for viewing the audio file details.
After all, what interests me in "audio file details" is to find SBE and those can be found by checking the wav files (can decode and check them).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes