View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 03:46 PM

Re: DVD authoring help

I can help you out here...

There are two main kinds of output when you author a DVD, file output (where you get VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) and disc image output (a single .ISO file). By far the most common "method" for traded discs is to use file output. ImgBurn, while a wonderful little program, will ONLY burn image files. So, in order to burn the files you've discussed, you will have to convert the files to an image file. The option you want in Imgburn is "Create Image from files/folder". In order to do this, you'll need the extra hard drive space as the image will be the same size as the other files. In other words, if the files you have to burn total 8 gigs, the image will be another 8 gigs, so you'll need the extra hard drive space to create the image. Once you create the image, ImgBurn should burn it flawlessly. The program may ask you to to confirm a spot for the layer break when it's creating the image for you but the rest is fairly self explanatory.

One of these guides should help you:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

There are two entitled Creating a single layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn and Creating a double layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn that should tell you what you need.

Edit:

There's no reason why Roxio shouldn't be able to burn these files for you. I'm sure there are some tutorials online and you wouldn't have to convert to an .ISO image file as I've described above. However, if you are burning a dual/double layer DVD (anything over 4.5 GBs), you will probably want to use ImgBurn anyway. As I described in another post, I feel it creates more compatible burns for dual layer discs.

Last edited by jhm; 2009-12-09 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes