Old 2010-02-23, 11:56 AM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
werd, thanks for joining in un

but for matters of reference & comparison, what exactly was involved in the "VHS>PC-stuff" that delivered inferior quality?

make/model VCR?
A/D converter, video capture card, ???
TBC, Proc Amp, ???
The issues I had were most about working on a PC that was a bit too weak for this kind of stuff...I donīt know if you know what I mean, but there were glitches and a static screen here and there. The VCR itself was good enough (and is still used for that matter) to make crystal clear Audio-transfers from VHS, but after I had the standalone and was happy with what I got, I just stopped transferring DVDs with that one. Got a new PC after that as well, and not having been the quite experienced and technically interested person I soon was to become via TTD and others, I have no clue anymore what capture cards and stuff I used. If it helps, hereīs a lineage from one of the few good captures I made:

Lineage: unknown tripod-cam (on soundboard) > Master > VHS (one audio-channel only) > VCR (JVC HR-J593) > transfer to HDD (via Ulead VideoStudio Movie Wizard) > MPEG > encoding and editing (via Ulead VideoStudio Movie Wizard) > DVD (2006-09-26)

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide