View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 09:09 AM

Re: Foobar2000: SHN > FLAC conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
If the other files of the fileset can be converted to flac without problems I'd say this shn file is corrupt.
It wasn't just this file. I get the same for any SHN > FLAC conversion when using foobar2000. I tested it on a dozen or more SHN files. They all test okay on TLH and match up to checksum files. Also, the SHN files were able to convert to .wav format okay, so I think it has something to do with my install of foobar2K, not the underlying .shn file. I'd like to be able to convert directly from .shn to .flac so I don't losing tagging on the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
You could try Trader's Little Helper that comes with a format conversion function. Maybe it works, or at least you get some (more) information what's going on. If you'd upload the shn file to a file hoster I'd try to analyze and convert it. Just let me know.
Not sure if I'm missing something on TLH, but when I try to use the "Encode Audio Files" function, it will only let me add .wav files to be converted, not .shn files. Please let me know if I'm missing something. That would partially solve the problem, but ideally, it would be nice to figure out how to get foobar2K to work so I can do everything in one application.

Thanks for the offer to analyze it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes