View Single Post
Old 2022-02-16, 01:01 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Shame on you, admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwhale View Post
Fix your goddamn website. Every time a request is made, there's an error and the website crashes. Every time I upload torrent or event download torrent file, I have to wait for error and refresh the page.
Shame on you, admins!
Actually, shame on you for being such a sourpuss, and an ignorant one at that. Do you actually think we LIKE having server issues?!? If you had actually bothered to ask about what is going on (instead of acting like an entitled asshat), I would have told you. We need to update our server software. And that means, we have to update our forum software. The last time we updated our server software, I did all the php updates to our forum software. It took me a few months to sort it all out and get it tested last time (thanks again to all the testers!). It's been a few years since I have done much php coding and I really don't feel like I can handle doing that all again. If you are volunteering to take that on, then I am more that willing to help you get a stand alone website going (on your own computer that will need to be running php and mysql, of course). If not, then really, shut your ignorant trap up and learn to be a nice person and thankful that you have a free website where you can download some pretty awesome shows that users share for free with you.

Thank you to all the rest of you who put up with the ups and downs of our server but grumble about it in a much nicer way.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes