View Single Post
Old 2007-02-20, 05:41 AM
TTD Staff

Re: archive on an Ipod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
also worth mentioning is that you should keep your original FLAC/SHN files that you downloaded together in the folder with the info.

trading shows with unnecessary cdr gens is frowned upon, besides the media is cheap. when you burn an audio cdr it is very difficult to verify, setlist etc has to be stored somewhere else and 99.9% of the time you will never be able to get it back off the discs with exact checksums. The tracks all slide with the offsets unless you have EAC perfectly set up and/or small digital errors get in there. Also, a couple years down the line you can't simply "test" the files on an audio cdr, you have to listen to every second of it just to see if it is okay.

Take it from me, I've got a couple hundred of audio cdrs here, about 15% of them are very fucked up at some point and I don't know which are which.
i'm with Five on this, burn em to either DVDR or CDR as data discs as they were seeded [flac/shn with info, checksums, etc]...if you wanna listen to some on an iPod or whatever you can always convert those...but archiving on an iPod sounds like a good way to suddenly lose your complete collection