View Single Post
Old 2006-11-09, 02:45 PM

Re: Seeding problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincan
are you using winxp? are you using a 3rd party firewall or security client (norton internet security, etc...) if you are on win xp and not using any other clients, go to start menu/control panel/windows firewall. if it is on, then make sure that the "Don't Allow Exceptions box is cleared, click on the exceptions tab and check the box beside azareus. if azareus isnt listed, or if you have any problems doing this, reply back and i'll try to help.

I do use windows XP and I have that firewall off.....I use for my personal firewall and internet security Trend Micro 2006 but I have that set up to allow for azurues in the exceptions so all should be good there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You may want to turn off DHT. Check this thread on how to do that: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=28904

Azureus 2.5 has some problems if you are the original seeder. It seems that you sometimes (so far everytime for me) have to put the torrent into the client and have it check the files a *couple* of times before you don't get a tracker error in the status box. So, make sure to check that tab for the show (double-click it, go to the General tab) and look under Tracker Status. It should say "OK" there.
I checked that thread out and thats how I am set up so I think I'm alright there.....My tracker status has always said OK.

I will say I did have the problem that you metioned and did have to download the torrent twice before everything registered. But I had read somewhere else about that so when it happened I just did it a second time and all was fine.

Maybe I'm making too much of this I have been uploading some just not nearly as much as I thought......On the show that I seeded I have a 2.052 share ratio. So maybe this is alright, I'm not sure I just thought it would be more.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes