View Single Post
Old 2006-08-10, 09:41 AM

Re: 'Invalid argument'........ 'internal error 22'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee
Thank you for that info, AND the emoticon...... very cool

No, not stopping, all set with that. Just that i noticed that 'sometimes' when i check the 'peers' list and look at seeders expecting to see myself listed, i am not there. As soon as i hit, 'manual announce' button (on btTorn.... haven't used uTor over there yet), bingo, i am back on the list of seeders. So i was wondering whether all that time i was not showing up(they say the tracker announces every 45min), i was seeding altruistically in the purist sense(no credit ). Now that i am switching over to the uTor client, i just want to be sure i know how to 'manually' announce myself to the tracker and not lose those valuable little bits of credit. Seems so hard to get one's esr up at DIME(without uploading a show). I will do that eventually. In the meantime, i do manipulate my bandwith, try not to spread it too thin, etc. Fortunately, i have the fatest pipe i could get from my isp without going T1....... ouch$ Well, i think i'm just looking for easy info here, without reading the uTor 'how to' Apologize. Thanks all the same tho...... i will go read.
hi rosalee,

right click on the torrent name you want to announce then in the drop down box you'll see "update tracker" at/near the bottom of the list...click that and it announces you to the tracker as well as updating your scrape....

also, as long as you don't disconnect you should get credit for all of your uploading as long as the tracker is working....sometimes you won't appear in the list because the actual web-page is not updating as fast as the tracker...just make sure you've announced and gotten updated before you stop a torrent...

"We all got it coming, kid." ~ William Munny

suicide nazi gunslinger blazin' down the hall tonight ~ PJ Stevey

in your pomp and all your glory, you're a poorer man than me, as you lick the boots of death born out of fear ~ Ian Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic View Post
Because we can't get by without [you].
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes