View Single Post
Old 2005-05-03, 02:54 PM

Yellow Light for Months on All Torrents, Help Please

Ive had my computer for 4 years, it originally came with windows ME. A few months back I reformatted to XP SP2 and havent got a green light in a torrent since. I have a wireless USB network adapter from Linksys Model #802.11b and the router is a Linksys BEFW11S4. There is one computer running directly off of it and 2 other people with wireless adapters like mine but newer versions. I have gone into the router setting, opened ports 6881-6889, checked TCP and UDP and put in the correct IP address and clicked enable. Its been like this for months and Ive never had a green light, I never had a problem with it before I reformatted, I always had green lights. I thought maybe Windows XP's Firewall was to blame so I disabled it and I still get no green light. I run McAfee virus protector and use BitTornado for torrent downloading. I know this is my first post in this forum but I used to download shows at sharingthegroove a lot and Ive been downloading torrents for a few years. Ive asked for help on a different board I frequent (DMBTabs.com) and havent been able to have someone help me out yet. If anyone could somehow walk me through fixing this problem (possibly on aol or something else where we can talk back and forth) I would be very greatful. I have a lot of live shows (DMB and the like) and would be glad to hook them up with something for their effort. Ive read all the FAQ's and Help sections I can find and still cant solve this problem so please dont refer me to a link. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and anyone that can try and help me out.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes