View Single Post
Old 2023-01-25, 10:41 AM
Banned

Re: Mandatory password reset due to amount of spam

Hello,
I have been locked out of my account (because my old email is no longer in use).
cannot reset password - because it goes to my old "[email protected]" account that is no longer in use. Old acct is locked up with the password GUI that says 2535 days since pw was reset.
I cannot message or access anything. when I try to change email in my profile, it just glitches. will not take the 8-digit password that I log in with. However, that 8-digit pw gets me on just to see the pw GUI.

Paddington-James was NO HELP AT ALL!!
Gave him copious notes on the situation.
Paddington says you cannot change email for me because [email protected] is in use. (for the new 'tobynator' account obviously, how else can I get through??)

some folks just want to do the modicum and leave it to others to actually get something done.

So yes, I couldn't contact TTD or anyone on site, which made me decide to try opening a NEW ACCOUNT just so I can contact you guys. FYI, you cannot reply message with "newbie" status.

1. can YOU reset password and email it to me at [email protected] ?
(for my 'tobinator' old account I've had for 20 years).

2. or Can you just update email on old 'tobinator' account to [email protected] ?
we could delete the EMAIL and account for "tobynator"(new account), then my other email [email protected] would be freed up.

Not sure that Paddington knew what I meant when I said there's a "catch-22" situation here.

I have loved and advocated for this site to all my fellow recording engineers/musicians/historical archivists.
Will glady donate $$ again if you can help me get things right. would love to have old account back!!

exhuasting, I know

Thanks,

TOBY
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes