View Single Post
Old 2018-05-24, 12:14 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJamAmerica.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioarchivist View Post
If you use the "fix" feature in the dropdown box in TLH when you're converting your files, it will append (add) the data outside of the sector boundary to the beginning of the next track. We're talking fractions of 1/75th of a second here, so the resulting files shouldn't sound too different. Being a live show with applause between tracks, fix should keep a gapless fileset ready for CD burning. If you use "pad" it will add null samples (silence) to round up to the next sector boundary CD frame 1/75th of a second, which will make little hesitations in the files of a live show. No good!

Does that help?
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Should I be checking the box that says "Pad last file with zero-bytes"?

What should I select in the ACTION dropdown? It has shift backward, shift forward & round as options. I don't know what this stuff is or what it means or what I should use of it.
a) Important: Always fix SBEs per CD, do not fix the whole fileset. So fix tracks 1-01 to 1-09, then tracks 2-10 to 2-23, and finally tracks 3-24 to 3-37.

b) Check the box that says "Pad last file with zero-bytes". Should work without doing this because usually your CD burner will do the padding, but you never know...

c) Just use the default setting in the "Action" dropbox (backward).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes