View Single Post
Old 2008-07-10, 12:11 PM
TTD VIP

Re: d1:failure reason74:Connection limit exceeded! You should only seed/upload 10 shows at a time.e

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
I am unfamiliar with rtorrent (isn't it a linux client?), but doesn't it have a screen with a list of all your torrents (opened and unopened) and then a column for Seeders and a column for Peers for each of those torrents? Azureus and uTorrent have that sort of screen and it helps so you can just take a glance and see which torrents have leechers but no seeders. You can even click on the column title to sort the torrents by number of seeders/leechers/other stuff.
Yes it's a linux client, old-school ncurses display, here's a to the project. Actually it doesn't show seeders and leechers explicitly, just active connections in a subscreen. Indeed I miss that from my old client, bittornado. So I use my TTD profile page to see what's hot and what's not.

I can live happily with the limit on seeds, it was just a curious bit of dysfunction that I finally got around to trying to resolve via the rtorrent mailing list and these forums. I can probably keep my uplink saturated just doing what I've been doing. I just can't generally open an old download to help a stranded leecher without closing a bunch of stuff, so I will try to modify my behaviour to keep my seeds around ten.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and please enjoy your vacation!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes