View Single Post
Old 2017-05-26, 07:35 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Microsoft Updates

I've just turned on my dead friend's old computer for the first time in over a year. A win8 machine he used, and it's *never* had updates! And, it won't let me update. It's fucked, kinda. I haven't done much with "8" before - does anyone have any tips on if maybe something's stopping updates what it is and how to get rid of it?

It's funny, because my desktop music machine running XP just lost it's battle with age, dropping most function of the USB access to external drives. I began work on a Vista machine I found in the trash when my computer died. The recycled one had an old hijack lock screen I was able to get rid of quick enough, and several nasty viruses and trojans (like, hundreds...), and some pretty distasteful photographs I couldn't close and delete fast enough! Yikes! Anyway, I spent hours and hours disinfecting and fumigating that thing before I decided to just totally wipe it and reformat and re-install a refreshed Vista (yeah, I know....) and then spent a LONG time getting updates round after round in the hundreds, until it appears fresh and clean. **THEN** I get my old deceased taper buddy Kevin's computer (the win8 machine) given to me, so...

I'm exhausted from the vista experience! LOL

Last edited by Audioarchivist; 2017-05-26 at 07:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes