View Single Post
Old 2008-04-19, 01:47 PM

Re: Video Demux / Re-Author / Help!

Thanks again Pawel for the follow up info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel View Post
LOL: you can demux directly from VideoRedo, so no need to go again with ProjectX. However, both applications are great, it's better to avoid unnecessary multiple steps as there is bigger chance for an error.
Thats cool, good to know. Just a FYI, I was going from your advice here:

Quote:
author or just mux again to DVD and then demux in ProjectX. Also VideoReDo is very good, if not better. Unfortunately both programs are not free.
Which made me think I needed to use ProjectX AFTER muxing from VideoRedo.

Quote:
Unfortunately VideoRedo doesn't handle multi audio streams at once. If you have marked edit points, and you select other audio stream then all marks are gone. To overcome this shortage, you need to save project, and then edit manually Vprj project file - it's in text format - to change audio PID. Open changed project file, and run the process again. You will get second audio stream and again demuxed video.
Ok you lost me there, a bit over my head me thinks. Thank god I only had one audio stream.

Quote:
From some standalone recorders, not all. If I re-author a standalone DVD, I check these errors in ProjectX. It will save them in a log file stating discontinuity found in (frame number). They will appear in form of very short audio drop outs, jumps or so.
OK, I assume you get this log AFTER doing the demux?

Thanks again for your help. You and Saltman get my MVP technobabble awards. Oh, and I should add AAR.oner to that list. You guys single handedly have taught me how to create DVDs. Oh, tubular too, in this thread. You're AC3 plugin advice was a key part of this as well. I wish this board had some type of reward points system ala taperssection.com, I would be giving out +'s all around.

NOW, next up in my dvd education, multicams. I don't have a project to experiment with yet, but should soon as I just aquired a second miniDV cam. I'm sure I'll be posting here for advice when I cross that bridge. So far I know I need to upgrade to Vegas 8, as they have made it much easier in that version. I've got it sittin on the HD, just need to install...

Keep an eye out folks, I've got some hellafied vids to seed soon. Oh, but it will probably be under my other user name, skotdee.

Later
SD
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes