View Single Post
Old 2008-04-19, 08:19 AM
Lockout here

Re: Video Demux / Re-Author / Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfloorcracker View Post
Just wanted to say KUDOS to Pawel, your info was the key that finally opened the lock.
Cool that I could help

Quote:
I opened the standalone authored DVD files in VideoRedo, muxed that to new DVD files, then demuxed those in ProjectX
LOL: you can demux directly from VideoRedo, so no need to go again with ProjectX. However, both applications are great, it's better to avoid unnecessary multiple steps as there is bigger chance for an error.

VideoRedo: if there is only one audio stream, you may demux by selecting File > Save Video As... or File > Ad Edits To Batch Queue... , and run batch manager after then.

Unfortunately VideoRedo doesn't handle multi audio streams at once. If you have marked edit points, and you select other audio stream then all marks are gone. To overcome this shortage, you need to save project, and then edit manually Vprj project file - it's in text format - to change audio PID. Open changed project file, and run the process again. You will get second audio stream and again demuxed video.

Quote:
One question though. Is the ac3 synch problem only existent when demuxing from a standalone authored DVD?
From some standalone recorders, not all. If I re-author a standalone DVD, I check these errors in ProjectX. It will save them in a log file stating discontinuity found in (frame number). They will appear in form of very short audio drop outs, jumps or so.

Quote:
I assume if I demux a dvd authored in vegas or tmpgenc or other app, that uses ac3, or LPCM for that matter, the synch should stay intact?
Hopefully yes ;-) People report syncing issues with authoring programs. I didn't have any problem with these I use (Maestro, DLP, TDA, Vegas, AfterFX) but I believe that most problems are caused but erroneous source material rather than by rendering or muxing process.

AC3 is the only format used by DVD which should/has built-in time code, like video, so any demuxing program may use it for reference when syncing and determining potential audio delay. I don't remember if AC3 always has the time code but at least there is such option.

Cheers,
Pawel
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes