View Single Post
Old 2008-04-06, 09:40 AM

Re: Video Demux / Re-Author / Help!

Thanks guys, I'll give the proectX method a try. Here's what I've done so far, and I got really close, but Im still hung up.

First, as suggested, I grabbed an ac3 plug-in for audition. That worked great. Now I can work with the original audio...

Then I found a program called Smart Ripper, which gave me the best results yet for demuxing the video to mpeg2.

Here's a little wrinkle in this project. The show was actually authored kinda jacked up in that it was done on a stand-alone burner, and each song is broken into a different "movie" on the dvd. (instead of one big movie with multiple chapters.)

Now Smart Ripper gave me the option to do what I thought was a great thing by appending each movie's demuxed mpeg2 file to the previous one, creating one big mpeg2, and did the same thing with the ac3 files. HOWEVER, before I spent time re-synching the new audio to the old "merged" ac3 file, I wanted to make sure the original files were all still synched after this smart ripper "merge" of files. I dropped those two files into architect and at the end the synch was OFF by like 5 seconds. WTF???

So this brings me back to my original problem. It would be IDEAL if I could just bring the mpeg2 files into VEGAS, so I could re-synch the damn audio with this "merged" video file... That way when I re-render the NEW audio out of vegas, I know it would line up with the mpeg2 file. I tried to find an mpeg2 plugin for vegas (im running v.6) but no luck. All I could find was the main concept plugin for rendering mpeg2 OUT of vegas, not bringing one INTO...

Thanks guys, I hope all that makes sense. Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes