View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 10:23 AM

Video Demux / Re-Author / Help!

OK so I'm trying to do a re-author of a concert DVD and add new audio. From my research here I know I need to demux to get back to seperate video & audio files, then use editing software to synch new audio.

Im using DVD decrypter. I used a guide from videohelp found here: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic2248...terdemultiplex

What I ended up with are two mpeg2 files and an ac3 audio file. I am using Vegas to edit the video. Problem is, Vegas only recognizes one of the mpeg2 files, and its only a short section of the video, it doesnt recognize the other mpeg2 file at all, and does not recognize the ac3 audio track. I tried to open the ac3 audio track in several audio editors (audition, wavelab) with not much luck. The only app that would open it (wavelab) gave me just static when I played it back. Oh and you could see by the waves something wasnt right.

Here is the stream info from decrypter:
0x80 - Audio - AC3 / 2ch / 48kHz / DRC / LBA: 1265 / PTS: 00:00:00.455 / Delay: 232ms
0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 / 720x480 (NTSC) / 4:3 / LBA: 1201 / PTS: 00:00:00.222 / Delay: 0ms

Attached is a screenshot showing you what the files look like.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever run across problems like this when demuxing? Why can't I open the files in Vegas?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demuxscreen.jpg
( 290.7 KB, 115 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes