View Single Post
Old 2007-05-09, 12:50 PM
Non Serviam

Re: Help!! Spiderbots crawling on my Threads!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium
On the other hand it's quite true what you put there. No wonder I can't make a con t ract with this fu kci ng letf win gar go v' t.

May I ask if that data mining systems can sort out typos and spacements?
You bring up two good points at once...

Data mining can randomly choose a sample of anything "out of the ordinary", such as non-dictionary words in a text file. Undoubtedly it is trivial to bring up a small sampling of these instances so they can be chosen for closer review. But these are too common for anything but a very low-probability hit.

More likely, effective data mining works best on specific keywords in combination with "suspect" origins and/or destinations ("suspect" possibly including your peacenik Unitarian grandmother).

Data mining is so easily defeated by the technological knowledgeable and the determined that it is obvious its only utility and its only intentional purpose is in commonplace domestic spying, like COINTELPRO on super-steriods.

If you chewed on the other tidbit, then bite on that one.

Working on information at least two years old and at least thrice removed from the classified world, my source told me that the NSA has (had) the resources to store two days worth of all U.S. and domestic/international communications. That is the window that they have(had) for winnowing the set down to "communications of interest".

I am sure all of these resources are there just to protect us from terrorists...well...maybe a little political blackmail...and corporate espionage...and why not profit on the stock market to support covert ops for "national security...and we always hated those Quakers anyways...

Those with the guns rule the world...those with the information manipulate those with the guns...

Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. --Jerry Garcia

Last edited by guygee; 2007-05-09 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes