View Single Post
Old 2006-04-26, 09:37 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP

Re: Good free hosting/show list site?

How many shows are 230 GB? Can't be more than 300 or so...that's not that hard to add, especially if you have text files for them. And db.etree made an upgrade where it's even easier to add shows if you use Firefox (you don't need to browse through multiple pages, it's all on one; I don't trust it quite yet but it's a lot faster than before from the little playing I've done with it: you could probably add 3-4 shows a minute easliy).

Sucking it up now before you get even more shows will be well worth it. And once you get that initial bunch done it's a snap to keep it updated. You can keep audio separate from video and all kinds of other goodies. Plus it's stable as hell. That's the last I'm going to say about it

BTW the link to your list doesn't work at the moment. Is there a feature on your list that db.etree doesn't have or something? Because that's the only reason I can think that you wouldn't want to make the switch. Whatever, I'm not going to waste my e-breath any more.

Edit: When you say "filling out the information", you don't have to do that at db.etree because all the sources (or most of them) are in there. So you pick a show, you pick the source that matches yours (Schoeps, Neumann or whatever) and then press add. There shouldn't be many shows that you have that AREN'T in there unless you collect some out-there genres of music. And if there is you can add it very easily as well.