View Single Post
Old 2018-04-13, 08:34 PM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Here's a followup on my issue, where I was getting the error that TLH couldn't find the ffp or md5 file when selected from a data disc burned on my new PC: the problem seems to occur on discs burned with BurnAware Free software, and read with TLH on Win10 (or maybe on a 64 bit OS).

-- The fingerprint files were not found on discs burned with BurnAware on the Win10 *nor* on the old WinVista machine.
-- The fingerprint files *were* found on discs burned on both machines but with different burning software.
-- The fingerprint files were found on discs burned with BurnAware on either machine but read on the Vista machine
-- The fingerprint files were found if I copied the folders back to the hard drive from a disc burned with BurnAware on the Win10 machine.

So it would seem to me that the issue is something about the directory structure/format on the disc when burned with BurnAware; the file explorer part of TLH can navigate it fine, but whatever it's passing to the verification module or other modules doesn't mesh with the disc. I'm sure all the terminology is wrong, but that's how it seems to me. And the important part is, I can just use different burning software and everything's hunky dory with TLH on the Win10 machine.

Thanks to roann and everyone else for their interest!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes