View Single Post
Old 2008-04-07, 09:36 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Seeding / Ratios / Utorrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
there is no 'dance' or whatever you called it.. you're either in or you're out. its either on or its off.
you can't 'make' the torrent client do anything more.
the max torrents you can have running at this one site is 10.
His problem is that he leaves all his torrents On. So, he may have 50 torrents done and completed at TTD and have them all ON, but only 10 of them are recognized by the tracker. So, he's trying to figure out how to decide which to have on and which to stop.

The best thing that works for me is to do it manually. I can upload at 70 (at night, I only upload at 35 during the day) and so I will only select 1 or 2 torrents to turn on to seed. If I do more than that, then I am really not giving much upload rate to the torrent. I hit the Peers column which sorts it and then pick a torrent which has more Peers than Seeders or that has Peers and no seeders and then I seed that one.

What is your upload rate? Do you get that great of a speed that seeding ten torrents is a good idea?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes