View Single Post
Old 2005-08-31, 10:43 PM

Re: Firewall Frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by burglecutt
I dont have multiple PCs. the router I have is the one Vonage gave to me for broadband based phone service (phone companies are pure thieves). Sorry to move backwards here but now im getting a "error: permission denied!!!" did I step on someones toes. I really appreciate the help. its given me good insight as far as approaching this in different directions, because I feel as if there is some loop hole Im skipping over. Thank you for the insight.
The permission denied is not any kind of action taken by the site ops it's just an indication that things are not working properly on your end.

Don't know if it will help but...
From http://www.techworld.com/mobility/re...303&productid=
There was one small problem. The disc and paper instructions said to plug our PC into one of the Vonage router's Ethernet ports. When we did this, we could use the Internet after a fashion, but secure web pages timed out and email went sluggishly, presumably because the connection now went through two Ethernet segments with DHCP on them. We plugged the PC back into its old router port, and everything worked fine. Vonage needs to inlcude instructions for router users - at the risk of making set-up look more complicated.

Also found this HERE

If you are like me, I cant stand it when I buy a product outright to use and a company feels like they have to own MY product. I dont think so. Anyway if you want to mess with your adapter, just make sure you know what you are doing, because Vonage locks you out of certain settings so that you wont mess them up. If you do mess them up, I wont take any of the blame considering I got this information from VONAGE, Not from hacking. Hope it works for you.

Follow these step to unlock the ADMIN portion of your Web Interface Linksys PAP2 Adapter.

First keep the PAP2 adapter from accessing the Internet
by unplugging your the cable modem.

Now do in these steps:

Pick up your phone and dial:

Then dial 73738#
Password is: (usually) 7756112# could be: 8995523#
enter 1 to confirm press # Hang up

pick up the phone and dial
then 7932#
Password is: 78196365
Press 1 to Confirm and then hang up.

This just enabled the Web Interface if needed.

Now if you need the IP address of your PAP2 Dial
Enter: 110# and put that number in your Web Browser
You should gain access to the web server at this point.

Here is the fun stuff. Click Admin Login in the top right hand side.

I assume this is where many people have been stuck!

User name: admin
Password: kImkGPHA

CASE SENSITIVE!!

Anything you do after this is up to you!

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes