View Single Post
Old 2011-01-14, 12:04 PM
Fuck 2024

Re: Why aren't FLAC shows tagged?

Each time you tag a new show, you do need to re-type the Artist's name & date etc. in the box, but you only have to name the individual files. Eac time you do a new show, once you type the info in the box, It tags each one with the artist, date & venue etc. automatically. If you want to be really lazy (like me ), you can just cut & paste the track number & song name off the setlist you typed, when naming the wav files.

This method would be best, I think, for a new show you just cut the .wav files for, and you are converting to flac for the first time. If you had tons of old files you want to tag, I think a program that can process by the batch, (like the one Ghost in the Machine mentioned at the beginning) would be best. I just wanted to mention this, because it's simple and doesn't require an outside program, or writing funky code. A lot of people I've talked to didn't even know how to use the tagging feature in frontend. It's a good and easy way for a beginner to learn how to tag flacs.

~Dorothy Parker
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes