Thread: SBE in FLAC
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-13, 03:51 PM

Re: SBE in FLAC

with audacity you have to use the "snap to CDDA sectors" function and somewhat awkwardly cut each track from the show, paste to a new file and save (make sure those export settings are 44.1kHz/16bit). With EAC you create and use a cue sheet, and with CEP/Audition right-click and "go to cue list" with the display set to samples, change all the cue types to "track" and make damn sure the beginning and end of each track are exactly where they should be before you hit "batch". I do agree that CDWave is the easiest option, but there is the minor detail of the SBE left on the last track which is a minor detail but always nice to take care of. Anyhow, I recommend everybody use what they're comfortable with and are sure works right.

I think I have the 2nd last version of TLH and for some reason it doesn't allow padding only the last track, I'm not sure if this is how it is with the most recent version. in that case you should use shntool from cmd.exe, if you've never done this somebody here can explain the steps (maybe me!). FLAC frontend is not recommended for padding the last track for all versions up to and including 1.1.2a, this feature in that prog has a small bug right now.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes