View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 12:15 PM
The Great Destroyer

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Hi,

I've been using TLH for years without a problem. But I recently bought a new PC, and when I installed TLH on it (version 1.1.1 build 90), the program had continuous crashes (mostly "list index out of bounds" error messages). Tried to reinstall, but that didn't help. Tried some more stuff to resolve it, didn't help either.
Just now I replaced the file shntool.exe in my Windows folder by the most recent version (3.0.2) I found at http://www.etree.org/shnutils/shntool/ and this seems to have solved the crashes. Before replacing I tried to see what version the old file was, but couldn't tell from the properties window.
The only thing that does happen now is what ozjeremy already described a few posts above me: when extracting shn files theres an error message saying:
d1Track01.shn: file is possibly truncated or corrupt.
It seems to have gone well though, the wav file did get generated and seems to be playing well. Also, the file details of this same shn file are generated without a problem.
Winamp doesn't want to play shn files anymore though either, even after reinstalling the shnAmp plugin. But I have way more flac files than shn, so I don't care that much about these remaining issues. Since now I can use TLH again without crashing. Decoding flacs and all other features seem to go well now.