View Single Post
Old 2009-10-09, 12:40 AM

Re: Fixing pitch and speed on video

Thank you for your help. The recording in question is Robin Trower at Winterland 11/25/75.

Here is my reason for not wanting to change the pitch of the music without changing the speed (of the video):
I already have software that will change pitch along with speed (which approximates the speeding up or slowing down of the analog tape on wich the recording was certainly done) as well as changing the pitch or speed alone. For the purpose of music, I do not believe in changing either of these factors alone without the other, as the intent is to make the recording represent, to the best that it can, the actual music that was made on that night. To change the pitch without the speed would make the recording sound in line with the key in which I know and have heard the songs done, on record and in live performance. However, the tempo would not fit and would prove to be an inncurate representation of the performance, however slight and (to most), unnoticable, it may be. Authenticity is a great concern of mine, and it is for this reason that I would endeavour to learn the steps (and, though a "noob", have the discipline to learn them) for such an arduous process in order to create the document that is proper for hearing and seeing the closest representation of the show as it was performed in real time.

I know, I'm a bit anal. But I think it goes with the territory in this community. We all want the best documents that we can get of something that occurred. I think we all want to get it just right, you know? I am simply new to trading video. Trading audio, I was always able to respeed things without worrying about it matching a separate video track, and always had good results. I wish to achive the same, authentic result in video.

Again, thank you for your advice, and any more is welcome.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes