View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 11:01 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Fixing pitch and speed on video

i wouldn't change the speed of the video, yer gonna have to then re-render which will cause some degradation in quality...you'd want to change the pitch of the audio w/o changing the speed or length, then it'll still sync up with the vid from start to finish

like i said, if you don't have the knowledge/progs to do it, i wouldn't waste my time...to do this *properly*, the pitch will have to be adjusted constantly thruout, as the fluctuations in tape speed are not a set xx amount...not to mention a good bit of $ for the progs, & the time to learn how to do this properly

if this is that rare of a show and you can confirm there's no proper transfer out there, i'd find someone with the equipment/knowledge who's willing to do the work...no offense to you or any other noobs out there, but the art of restoring old audio or video, mixing/mastering/re-mastering, etc is something that takes years of training & practice -- its not something you teach yerself in one month with a couple hundred dollars worth of software