View Single Post
Old 2005-06-10, 12:19 AM
You are TOO

Re: Which Bit Torrent Client Do You Use?

Funny you should ask. I just downloaded BitTornado a few minutes ago. I read your post in the other thread about how it keeps track of uploads/downloads, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm currently using Shareaza, which is crap, but it gets the job done. I can also seed with it, which is important to me, but sometimes it crashes when I kill a seed - which is another reason for trying BitTornado. I've heard Azureus is a very good client, but it crashes my firewall (Zone Alarm), and I don't feel like trying to figure out why, so I trashed that one for now.

As for sharing, I try to initially get a ratio of about 1.5 or 2 before I kill my seed unless there are no others (or few other) seeds. Sometimes I kill it at 1.0, but almost never less than that. I also try to keep an eye on the threads I downloaded from so that if someone is getting slow speeds or the seeds are gone, I'll jump in to help out. I wish I could keep all torrents I've downloaded (I don't have many) seeded, but I need my bandwidth for my server too - which is why I sometimes have to quit seeding earlier.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes