View Single Post
Old 2008-03-12, 08:19 AM
Stercesderised

Re: Question regarding file naming conventions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapz View Post
(PS, I finally had a decent enough connection to stay on for awhile...figured I'd take advantage of it by writing a book)
This all makes sense, and it was a quick/informative read as well. I work in IT, so I totally understand where you are going with this and what you mean. My collections are generally organized by band name/album for purchased music, and for tapes my collection is so small I haven't had to worry about it. And I personally never use any type of database software to organize my files on my computer outside of the virtual one I pull together between folders and my brain. It sounds like a great idea though...I probably won't play around with it given the volume of files I'm working with, but it is a good idea.

Anyway, the real problem that is HIGHLY annoying about these seeds is when the band name isn't even in the name of the file. I really don't care how the dates are setup. I don't want to have to go back and have to re-listen to some of the tracks just to figure out which band is playing. I just made the decision, given the hassle, to delete the show off of my computer and stop seeding it when this happens.

yeah, maybe I'm missing out on a good show, but I don't want to go about having to re-organize and edit these files. I just want to catch some good shows while being able to share it in the process; not have to spend time cleaning up what should have been a clean input the first place. If this community really wants these shows to endure and spread, adding the band name isn't a tough ask. I think I've run into this situation 3 times now. Maybe I should start a thread about which seeds don't have the band name included? I can't remember the 3 shows right now...

PS - Please don't flame me about being "unnapreciative" of the service tapers are providing here. I know it's free, and I do very much appreciate it. Just don't expect these seeds to be around for very long as I am sure I am not the only one who would either a) delete the show outright because some of us have OCD and like to keep their files organized in some methodical manner or b) delete the show because they don't know what the hell it is and need room asap.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes