Old 2008-02-27, 12:05 PM
TTD VIP

Re: Backing up to DVD

QUOTE=U2Lynne;806412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrocklive View Post
does your wife enjoy all of that, or does she just accept it as your hobby? That's a ton of stuff lol
As long as I keep the Bob Dylan coming in she's cool. It's hard to get upset with collecting music when you have been to 300+ Grateful Dead shows together...
Do you get a chance to actually watch a lot of that? I know I have really, really slowed down on my downloading because I found that I was archiving too much of it without ever watching it. So, now I make sure to only download stuff I will watch/listen to.

That's a very nice setup you have there, Bill![/quote]

Lynne, the 900 hrs of videotape has all been viewed in realtime. Many of the Grateful Dead shows were given to me in trade, and have been upraded by the pros who frequent this site (thank you!). The rest was painstakingly recorded from television over about 20 years. I watched it all, most was edited to remove commercials, so they were watched twice. Many have been revisited frequently. Sometimes when I search for something to transfer to dvd for sharing here, my jaw drops! I am sitting on some serious content. It dismays me when people give me grief for my ratio when I get so much pleasure in sharing my collection.
This is my first solid oak cd cabinet. It holds 1800 cassettes.

Last edited by vladsmythe; 2008-02-27 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes