View Single Post
Old 2007-01-20, 08:29 PM

Re: Time to change the Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
hi craig62 - this might crack you up - but that audiograbber rip was originally downloaded from your site... www.bootlegarchive.com - hard to police everything all the time - Im glad I grabbed the copy... and I enjoy your site as well...have been for years now
most of my seeds come from your site / DC++ or stuff I buy on ebay and liberate ... i will continue to seed and should get smarter with time - but if you see me screw up..just PM me
Yes, I knew (or at least I was reasonably sure) that you downloaded that boot in the Direct Connect hubs; it has circulated there for several years and I remember you used to be a regular in the hubs. As I said in this thread, I've had that fileset for quite awhile. I created the BA database entry for it nearly four years ago:

http://www.bootlegarchive.com/media_...?MediaID=18788

There is no rule against using Audiograbber (or any extraction software, for that matter) in the hubs, but there is on TTD. The point of my post was that the stringent rules for seeding on TTD were not being enforced, and that perhaps they should be changed. I'd prefer that that VU boot be allowed here, but I understand and respect this site's desire for having only the highest quality seeds. I'd like to see the rules relaxed a bit, but I think no matter what the rules are, they need to be enforced or it's pointless to have them.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes