View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 04:28 PM

Re: Db Poweramp & APE

I would never use dB for ripping cds. I tested it out in comparison to EAC with scratched cds/or not burnt correctly discs and stuff, result; while EAC telles me about errors or even performes error correction on minor flaws, dB does not tell me shit about anything and sometimes even stops just somewhere while ripping a file, so the file will be incomplete as dB couldn't cope with the error and stoped. therefore you would have to listen to what you've ripped to make sure its complete... it happend to me and EAC did quiet well while dB

I wouldn't mind using dB for converting files already on my harddrive, but for ripping cds it's just useless imo.

as for FLAC, you just have to find a good player, not too hard as it's pretty common nowadays. of course no portable player will play this(or maybe some do I don't know about anyone though), but if you're going to put music on it you can put them files in lossy formats, that's what they acctually made for I think.

APE is just not convenient imo, and ripping takes too much time while I save like 15MB, so I couldn't care less about APE. and WMAL, sounds very microsoft to me no good...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes