Thread: Storage
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-26, 02:50 PM

Re: Storage

I may have mentioned it in another thread, but it's only because I'm stoked to have gotten it...anyway, check out Drobo. It seems like a very well thought out solution to scalable storage. I got it with (4)-1.5TB drives. The cool thing is that you can mix/match brands, capacities, etc as long as they're SATA. No hassles like with a true RAID configuration. I talked to them extensively before buying it and if I fill the four drives I can remove them as a pack and insert 4 more. Plus you're still able to put the original pack back in to retrieve data when needed. It stripes the data across the drives in a way different from RAID, but still protecting the data from a single drive failure. It'll still work with only 2 drives in it, too so you only have to get drives as you need em...

Check it out... www.drobo.com

If you're in need of immediate storage for cheap, I've got a 2TB WD My Book Pro that has a RAID controller in it so you can go 1TB mirrored or 2TB. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested...special price for TTD members!

Last edited by Jerm; 2009-03-26 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes