View Single Post
Old 2004-11-17, 04:42 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy

Re: Policy on "remastering"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo2u
There have been a LOT of times that downloads get deleted because they're simply too painful to listen to. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here....)
There never is any guarantee with these things. (Hello everyone btw.) Got the 'Ballroom Blitz' by Led Zeppelin (London Lyceum) and the volume was clearly pulled heavily from the original recording to distortion level. I 'repaired' it for myself by dropping the right volume down, adding some bass resonance and putting up the loudness slightly to compensate. Still, one of the issues with this is that I'm doing this for myself and so not really intend to put it up in the trading pool. There already is a much better version from Empress circulating and adding another version is rather pointless IMHO. This is one of the main issues with remastering (which most of the time is a poignant term as it goes through a 16 bit format). There is not much point following through with something like this when amends have already been made somewhere along the line or if an original is still available.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes