View Single Post
Old 2013-10-11, 03:17 PM
On the Beach

Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriksnow View Post
An educated is guess is somewhere between 2000 and 4000 dollars. Only Shareef knows the exact amount of course. As Blindwilly previously wrote, him and 6 friends, alone, donated 700 dollars. And HC has thousands of members. I guess when Shareef saw the money coming in, he wanted to have it shut down for as long as possible since so many good hearts were thinking "my God, it could be up to ME to save the tracker". Me and 2 other founders recieved a LOT of "I have donated but not been credited" PMs for months afterwards

I would guess that the reason HC went down the last time was because of me changing the frontside and sent out mass PM where I wrote that people should *not* be donating anymore (which must have given Shareef a long nose! ). After all, the shutdown came the same day Shareef found out about the mass PM I had sent to all users (the day he logged in again).

By shutting it down, he'd stop all discussion about the donations, members-and-staff-in-between and also be the only one being able to make a statement about this (which was IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT A MASS PM HAS BEEN SENT OUT ASKING PEOPLE NOT TO DONATE. THIS IS TOTALLY UNTRUE! THIS PERSON WILL BE FOUND....etc...etc)

BTW, I was thinking the same as arfarf when seeing that the frontpage of HC read "PLEASE NO DONATIONS UNTILL BEING INSTRUCTED[...] "..... he must have troubles with his paypal account due to complaints. No way would he say that otherwise......unless he actually agrees with my mass PM all of a sudden

(pardon my English)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes