View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 03:49 PM
Funk Is Its Own Reward

Re: New to imac. Looking for a little advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Ahhhh. I think they are the dmg. If you click on one and start to drag it, does your trash can turn into an upward arrow? If you, then you can simply unmount the volumes by dragging them to the trash.

I don't know. I've never tried to copy any officially released DVDs. I think you need another application to do that though. They would have them listed over at videohelp.com, I'm sure.

You've never used firefox before?!?! I could not do without my BBCode extension. It makes posting links on this site soooooo easy. I also love my Forecastfox extension and Tabbrowser one and BugMeNot and ..... there was a thread started once where people listed their favorite firefox extensions.
Yeah, it turns into the arrow. I quit the program and then unmounted the dmg but whenever I open one it shows up on the desktop again. This is only happening with software I've downloaded. The applications that came with the imac are only on the dock. Is this normal? When I installed them, I wasn't given an option of where to install.