View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 02:00 PM
TTD Staff

Re: New to imac. Looking for a little advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece
I did the 'keep in dock' but the are still on the desktop. 'get info' says it is a 'volume,' while the shortcuts in the applications folder are called 'alias.'
Ahhhh. I think they are the dmg. If you click on one and start to drag it, does your trash can turn into an upward arrow? If you, then you can simply unmount the volumes by dragging them to the trash.

Quote:
So, will Toast copy officially released DVDs that are 'copy protected?' DVD43 would get around the copy protection so I could back-up the ones I purchased (using Nero or whatever).
I don't know. I've never tried to copy any officially released DVDs. I think you need another application to do that though. They would have them listed over at videohelp.com, I'm sure.

Quote:
What are these extensions for firefox?
You've never used firefox before?!?! I could not do without my BBCode extension. It makes posting links on this site soooooo easy. I also love my Forecastfox extension and Tabbrowser one and BugMeNot and ..... there was a thread started once where people listed their favorite firefox extensions.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes