View Single Post
Old 2005-09-23, 03:22 AM

Re: Vinyl analogue to FLAC transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
which Badge Holders? the one with Jimmy on the front or the one with Robert or do you have both? They were sold separately. I believe the original was the dragonfly pressing, with a pic of a dragonfly printed on the centre of the records themselves. the 2nd pressing had plain white no dragonfly as I recall, but I'll have to look that up.

there are a lot of versions of Destroyer, it was Clevland '77 the earlier versions were aud then sbd destroyers showed up. one version came in a plastic case.

Berlin '80? maybe this is the last show (I think that's 1980-07-07).

I've got the really old books detailing all this stuff... if you could give me more info I'll look it up for you in the next couple days. It would be helpful to know a) what the covers look like, are they loose "slicks" or are they printed right on the sleeves, colour or b&w, b) what's on the record labels themselves, and c) all the matrix numbers (scratched in the runoff close to the centre of the record). each side should have a matrix #.

we should be able to identify them all. fwiw, I'm pretty sure that there are better quality and more complete versions of all of these shows circulating.
Thanks for that I will get the details this W/E. All my old books are in the parents attic.
Badge holders JP twin neck b/w on blue background. 2 LP in single card sleeve loose 'slicks' no dragonfly AFAIK
Destroyer 4 LP boxed set JP on stars/stripes effect background two tone mauve/blue no labels on records cannot check runoff details at work card track listing inside refers to made in USA thanks to Bonzo etc
1980 one sepia tone 'zeppelin going down' gatefold printed on card
1980 one yellow cover with pics of band swissair on LP labels printed on card

That is from memory. I will post more this W/E
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes