View Single Post
Old 2006-08-12, 12:31 AM

Did I prepare, Is other trader messy?

Hey all,

I got a question for you but I am not gonna ask it til after I say a bit.....I recently got myself set up to start trading. I have had 4 so far, 2 were initiated by the other person, the 3rd & 4th were initiated by me. What I did was buy paper sleeves, 50x2bundles of Fuji (Japan made)CD's, and bubble-lined mailing envelopes. I also got a set of index cards to cut in half and use as labeling inside the paper sleeves and extra printer paper to use for sending track lists.

Now, my 3rd trade just arrived today. I was very excited and when I got in the house and looked at the envelope it's wear showed it had already been used to ship other items. When I opened it up the discs were there but it was a bit messy. The CD's he sent were in used paper sleeves with ripped slips of paper to label them. There was also no track listings at all and the bonus disc he sent actually started skipping half way through and it wasn't the same caliber as the other discs which made me guess this disc was a bonus because someone had sent it to him and so he sent it to me knowing this band was in my list. I am not going to rate him yet because he was sloppy, not bad, and I want him to have the chance of fixing the bonus disc issue if he can. I was disappointed.

This is my first trade with this person who I don't think is a member here. From the experienced traders in the house, how would you rate this traders practices and did I prepare properly for my break into trading?

Advise, observations, and opinions would be most appreciated

Last edited by Jetrell69; 2006-08-12 at 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes