View Single Post
Old 2008-12-07, 05:16 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
Very intelligent comment in a very dumb thread marksg. New content carries no weight here.
I don't know why you would say that, vlad. New content simply doesn't gain you any sort of ratio credit. We happen to keep it all separate here - your ratio reflects your bittorrent activity and the TTD Trader 'badge' reflects whether you upload torrents/vines/b&ps. Anyone can click on your profile and then your list of shows and see the 84 shows you have seeded. I think it's kinda 'false' to roll any credit you 'buy' into your actual ratio. If we did decide to give some sort of ratio credit for these things, it would be stated in the ratio that xxx amount of it was earned some other way than through torrenting - just like they do it over at STMusic. So instead of your ratio showing as:
Downloaded: 1.54 TB Uploaded: 394.93 GB Ratio: 0.25
It would say something like:
Downloaded: 1.54 TB Uploaded: 394.93 GB Gifted: 100 GB Ratio: 0.32

So, it would be clearly stated that you were 'given' the ratio credit and it wasn't earned through torrenting. I don't know that that would make any sort of difference to people now as having the TTD Trader badge does.

I firmly believe that the actually torrenting stats should stay separate from any sort of 'credit' you get because torrenting stats should be torrenting stats.

However, I'm not suggesting that I'm implementing the Gifted part of this discussion, I'm simply spelling out how it would show if we were to do so.

As for it being a dumb thread, I won't post my feelings on that. However, just because you don't like the thread, do you think I should just delete it?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes