View Single Post
Old 2005-05-08, 01:56 AM
active taper

Question audacity replay gain

I have downloaded a show in flac format that I recently attended. There are two acoustic tracks at the beginning of the second set that have very low levels and volume. I tried a "quick fix" (I know it is frowned upon) using audacity to raise the levels of these two songs individually. I will NOT be seeding these tracks but I wanted to raise the levels a bit to get a more uniform sound for the second disc. I converted the flac files to wav using flac frontend and then imported the first track into audacity in wav format. I listened to the track and looked at the levels, it had very low levels. I bumped the levels up using the replay gain feature. At first, I had them too high and the levels peaked over 0 db; after some playing around with the replay gain adjustment, I found a setting which pushed the levels just under 0 db at the peak. I saved the finished product as a wav on my harddrive. Then, I proceeded to do the same thing to track number two. Did I do this right and is it "ruining the audio cdr" if I burn the new replay gain adjusted tracks with the rest of the material on the cd? Will this cause a SBE to the audio CDR. Again, I stress that I won't be seeding/trading the tracks anywhere, I just want to raise the levels during these two songs.

Catch you on the flipside!

AKG SE 300 b (CK91/CK93) > Segue Dogstar Silver-Clad XLRs > Busman Transparency mod Tascam HD-P2 (24 bit 48 kHz)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes