View Single Post
Old 2008-07-09, 07:10 PM
TTD Staff

Re: d1:failure reason74:Connection limit exceeded! You should only seed/upload 10 shows at a time.e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer View Post
The broken part is the error message, should start with d14 not d1, according to the rtorrent guru.
It's just a standard error message. I'd have to look at the actual code that spits out the error, but I would not worry about it - it still tells you exactly what the error is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer View Post
Regarding uploading, what is strange is that I can easily be seeding 20 or more torrents as long as I started as a leecher and don't close them! It's only if I try to reopen an already complete download that I've closed that I get denied -- typically to try to help out a stranded leecher. So it's sort of inconsistent, and I was very confused until the rtorrent guys sorted me out.

I find that when I host many torrents (and I do have a fat pipe, 5Mb uplink) they don't share the bandwidth evenly, one or a few will be very active for a while, then some others will pick up. I suspect I would be uploading less with less torrents open since those lulls would be empty. I haven't observed any particular problems seeding 20 or more torrents with rtorrent but maybe it's a bad practice.

Many thanks for running a great site!
The problem is that if you have 20 torrents open and you have a 5 Mb uplink, then you average only about .25Mb per torrent - which is about 40 B/s per torrent. That is an OK number (some users still only seed at that with one torrent open). However, it is usually best to pick the torrents that most need your seed and just seed those - they will finish faster and then be able to seed for others and then you can pick others to seed.

And yes, you would only notice this in affect when you go to start a torrent after you had it off. That is when it goes to 'count' how many torrents you are already seeding and then spits out that error if you are over the 10 max limit.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes