View Single Post
Old 2005-07-04, 09:12 PM
TTD Staff

Re: New Tracker now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ
So will the older torrents eventually begin to show up in our stats? I try to keep everything I seed on the HD plus try to help stranded swarms whenever I can...

Thanks for this big time undertaking, I think it can only improve an already excellent site. And special thanks to Hal who seems to be really helping out Lynne and the rest of the gang here.

ChrisJ
Hey Chris,

We are just going to let the older torrents die. We'll clear them off the tracker (put them in Inactive) a bit faster than normal, and then if someone wants a reseed, it can go on the new tracker (with stats). I actually talked to both Hal (who uses this tracker on his site) and bowman (my server guy) about what it would take to convert all the other torrents to new torrents on the new tracker and it just seemed like a lot of effort.

I want to emphasize that at this point (and really, not even in the near or distant future), TTD has no intention of enforcing a share ratio. We needed a new tracker so we can put the attachments into the file system (and as soon as we get all the torrents off the old tracker I will do that) and this one also had a vbulletin interface that would allow people to see their share ratios (something people have been asking about). In the near future, I plan on making it an option on whether you want to see people's share ratios, just as it is an option on whether you want to see people's post counts. Some people care about that stuff, some people could care less. But, I will be working to make this new tracker work for the site, and Hal and I have been talking to each other about the little things we can do to improve this code.

And, I'll give thanks to Hal again for always being there for me (and my HELP!!!!!s) and always offering to help out right away. Oh, and for listening to my bitching about servers. hehe

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes