View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 10:05 PM
Long Distance Runner

Re: Seeking advice dealing with internet provider...

Many thanks to you for your prompt reply. Any additional thoughts or experience will help. They have made it clear that they have my number. I am being asked to ackowledge the email and change the activity on my account to bring it into line with their established limits.

I had considered telling them I was a gamer (like Jameskg says)... or, maybe saying that my wireless router was unsecured... I am just too honest (but I do not want to be stupid).

I actually have been working really hard to stay with non-copywritten, band-friendly sites like Traders Den, Live Internet Archive and btree. So, I am not worried about that. I guess I can let them know if they seem interested.

As you suggest, I will explore the Contract to see if there are limits. But, I am sure they can always play the "that's our policy" card whenever they feel like it. Also, I will share what I find out about the dangers of downloading from their link and let you know, too! I am guessing it might be causing blindness in some cases
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes