View Single Post
Old 2007-01-06, 05:14 PM
ZosoPlayer

Re: New Collector Question re Lineage, Burning, Quality Loss, etc

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to reply. A few things confuse me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
no...use Trader's Little Helper [aka TLH]: http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/
I thought EAC and TLH were two competing programs that did the same thing? But after reading your post, it seems like TLH is used to help make an audio CD and EAC is used to help extract the show from an audio CD to your PC, correct?

If I burned the audio CD correctly (ie good media, TLH, good burner, no errors, etc), is it still necessary to have them archived on a data cd? If I want to trade the show, wouldn't I just make a copy of my audio CD?

Quote:
1. what is the original source? DAT, cassette, mini disc, etc
Ok, this is very confusing to me. The original source is the equipment that was used to record the first recording of a particular show, correct? And no matter what equipment was used (DAT, mini disc, etc), that very first media that the recording produced is called the master, correct?

Quote:
2. how was it transferred? analog, optical, etc
Is there a generally accepted preferred way, which is best analog or optical or...?

Quote:
3. is it a 1st gen CDR copy, or an unknown gen CDR(x) copy? were the flacs/shns made directly from the CDR copy itself? if so, what program was used to extract with [i.e. EAC, xACT, or an inferior program]? is there an "extraction log" which shows more details of the extraction process and its accuracy?
So if the original source is a DAT recording, and the taper tranfers the show from DAT to a CDR, that CDR is considered the 1st generation CDR, correct? So what, or how would we get to a second generation CDR? If you make a copy of the first gen CDR, lets say using NERO, is that now a second gen CDR?

Thank you again! I know for most these are "duh" questions.

Last edited by ZosoPlayer; 2007-01-06 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes